8.14.2008

New Painting


In the past I've always had an irrational fear of employing green in my paintings and whenever I did it always came out muddy and all blah and gross. Last week when Mary visited my studio and was helping me with this piece she pulled a big tube of thalo green from the abyss of my box-o-paints and proceed to spread it around and at first I cringed at the idea of this green suddenly thrust about the surface of my new painting that I was already preconceiving to be "greenless", but then it started looking really good and I think I might have found a green that I can really feel.
The moral of the story is this:
Don't waste your time in stuffy art schools, save your cash and spend a few days painting with a five year old.
word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! five year olds rock.

malia said...

Mary should make regular visits!